Cutting up on sugar backfired and I craved for this. The power outage yesterday afternoon gave me a chance to cook. It was a good thing for my tastebuds but a bad thing for my business. But it was a two hours well spent,anyway.
2 pieces large cassava, cut up or sliced any way you want it
3 cups white sugar
5 cups water
4 cups cooked tapioca pearls
¼ cup brown sugar
- Dissolve brown sugar in ½ cup of water . Add Tapioca Pearls and set aside.
- Steam cut up cassava until tender.
- Heat a small pot, dissolve the white sugar in water.
- Simmer until it turns into simple syrup.
- Add cassava and mix well until cassava is coated with syrup.
- Serve with the sweetened tapioca pearls
Trivia about Cassava.Go to The Peach Kitchen
an entry for's SLICE it up.