Friday, May 29, 2009

Quekiam (Kikiam)

This is the real Quekiam. Bought at Dolor's in Malabon. I would always ask for this from my mom back when I was a child. We still have a meat stall at the local wet market then and we were also selling this type of Quekiam. All I needed was her approval so I could pick one.

"Que-Kiam or more popularly known as kikiam is a chinese dish that is adopted into Filipino cusisine. It's ground meat and veggies wrapped in tawpe or bean curd wrapper."

an entry for .


Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Willa said...

oh my!! one of my fav afternoon snack dip in a we bit spicy sauce!

Dj Mariñas said...

Sarap nyan. Yan talaga ang quekiam di yung piniprito kasama ng fish ball. he he.

pet said...

ei mommy peach, gustong gusto rin naming mag ama yan kikiam na yan..meron pa nga kaming di naluluto dito sa ref namin..maya siguro lutuin ko na rin dahil natakam na naman ako...

Badet said...

Naku, nagutom tuloy ako sa post mo sis. Talaga meron nyan sa Dolors? Lagi kasing kakanin yung binibili namin dyan eh. Magkalapit lang pala tayo, Caloocan naman ako. :)

Yza Magbanua said...

i know one thing... I'd die for those.... :D

caryl said...

sarap naman... :)

Twinkie said...

Peachkins, taga-Malabon ba kayo? Kami ng asawa ko ay laki sa Malabon. Haha! Nagulat kasi ako, kikiam, sapin2 at peachy2? Hmmm...
Na-try niyo na ba kikiam sa may Kwatro Kantos? :)

Al said...

Hi there. I have been looking for this kind of kikiam for Ages. This is the original. I always ate this in farmers market before when i was a kid with my dad. I am not from Malabon but i am willing to make a trip ther just to buy a bunch of this kikiam. Pls. tel me where DOLORES is located at. Thanks a lot. More power to you.

Al said...

oops forgot to tell you my email address is almejia16@yahoo.com
Thanks again.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin