Sunday, August 8, 2010

My so-called herb garden ..

Gardening is not one of my many talents. I woke up one day wanting to grow herbs because I cook a lot and fresh herbs do wonders in cooking. So, I tried to grow an herb garden in one of those window plant boxes. I had Italian Oregano, Dill, Sweet Basil and Rosemary. These are four herbs I use mostly. The window box was located right outside the kitchen window for easy access. I think that it's nice if I can easily reach out the window if I need, say, Rosemary. It would be awesome, don't you think?

Well, I didn't think the herbs like me very much because they died, one by one. I don't want to try growing flowers because believe me, I tried a hundred times and I didn't get to see even one flower growing, much less a bud. Now, my mom can grow flowers. She had chrysanthemums and petunias and bougainvillea growing in our front yard. I suggested she put them in garden window boxes, one of those metal window boxes. It'll make the front of our house prettier. I'm still waiting for her decision...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin